What are we raising money for?
Green Light, Go! is the annual ZBT fundraising event for our philanthropic partner, JWI. Funds raised from Green Light: Go! events will support the Fund for Safe and Healthy Campuses and will allow JWI to create programs that not only educate our brothers in healthy relationships and bystander intervention, but also position our men as leaders in changing the culture on campus and being examples of the very best of the fraternal world.
Who is JWI?
JWI is a leading Jewish organization working to end violence against women and girls domestically and internationally. JWI is a partner in It’s On Us, a principal leader of the Coalition to End Violence Against Women and Girls Globally and a Steering Committee member of NO MORE and the National Task Force to End Sexual and Domestic Violence Against Women. JWI’s advocacy efforts focus on the passage of legislation that supports women and girls, ensures their economic security and their ability to live life free of violence.
ZBT has partnered with JWI and SDT to offer Safe Smart Dating, the first co-ed, peer-led program on sexual assault and dating abuse for the college Greek community. ZBT was awarded the Laurel Wreath for outstanding programming in the fraternal world for Safe Smart Dating. JWI also created our “What’s That Really About?” public awareness campaign and our Brother to Brother advocacy days with the BBYO youth group. Green Light: Go! is an extension of those programs.
How do we fundraise?
This is, after all, a philanthropy event. Each chapter can raise money any number of ways. Here are some suggestions, but feel free to be creative—you know what works best on your campus.
- Create a fundraising team. Email family and friends and ask them to make a donation to your chapter’s fundraising team at crowdrise.com/greenlightgo.
- Sell t-shirts. These can be the admission price for participants.
- Sell silicone bracelets (like LiveStrong).
- Sell admission tickets (t-shirts can be extra).
- Get sponsors from the community—put their logos on the back of the shirts (or signage at the event). The larger the donation, the larger the logo appears.
- Ask partnering groups (fraternities, sororities, campus groups) to contribute money. Add their logos to the t-shirts.
- Have donation buckets at the event.
- Raffle concert tickets, sports tickets, gift cards to restaurants, other donated items.
We know this is the first year of the event and it will get bigger in subsequent years, but here are some goals for your chapters
- Colony/Small chapters (fewer than 35 members): $500-$750
- Medium chapters (35-55/60 members): $1,000-$3,500
- Large chapters (60+ members): $5,000+